Hazelnut Pinwheel Cookies
Today's recipe comes from the amazing Instagram food blogger @what_this_veggie_eats. Check out her IG page for even more delicious and amazing food.
Hazelnut Pinwheel Cookies for a wonderful Afternoon Tea
Last week I decided to make this absolute favourite of mine Hazelnut Pinwheel Cookies. They are absolutely fun to make and are perfect for this time of the year. And for me, they are full of wonderful nostalgic, childhood memories. Your Christmas cookie game is about to get strong with this.
With my cookies I had some absolutely vibrant and aromatic Mystic Brew's Madgascan Chai Tea - I love that this brand ethical sources all their teas (*Gifted)
Recipe for Hazelnut Pinwheel cookies
Ingredients 🛒 (makes 2 dozen) :
- 1 cup (vegan)butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 vegan flax eggs
- 3 teaspoons hazelnut extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the vegan flax eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in hazelnut extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt with the hazelnut extract ; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
2. Divide dough in half; add cocoa to one portion. Divide each portion in half . On a baking sheet, roll out each portion between waxed paper into a 12x10-in. rectangle. Refrigerate for 30 minutes
3. Remove waxed paper. Place one chocolate rectangle over a plain rectangle. Roll up tightly, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; wrap in plastic. Repeat with remaining dough. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices.
4. Place apart on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool
I hope you enjoy these cookies.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in News & Recipes
To celebrate the release of our new Watermelon Sugar Oolong Tea. We've made a Watermelon Pimm's cocktail. We've combined our Watermelon Sugar Oolong Tea with Pimm's, lemonade and plenty of ice and the results were delicious.